With your support we can achieve more
Funding from large companies, foundation, trusts and government is unpredictable and rather unreliable thus presenting a high risk for our organisation. We would like to expand and diversify our donor pool by establishing a large base of small donors who give regularly so we can secure long-term sustainability for The Bitou 10 Foundation. Additional funding would enable us to address more needs by offering more support services to Bitou learners, teachers and schools.
We work with all 11 state schools and the Early Childhood Development sector in greater Plett.
Please consider making a contribution towards:
Early Childhood Development
Learner Support and Enrichment
Educator Training and Development
Literacy and Numeracy Development
Life Skills Training and Career Development
Performing and Visual Arts
School Leadership Development and Management Training
We reach thousands of children from The Crags to Kranshoek.
As a registered Public Benefit Organisation approved by SARS, we issue all donors with an 18A tax certificate (receipt). Donations of up to 10% of your taxable income are tax deductible.
Branch Code 108914
Account Number 103 230 1597
Why support the Bitou 10 Foundation?
The Bitou 10 Foundation has a proven track record of addressing the needs of principals, teachers and learners with great results. Our beneficiaries include more than 8000 learners and educators from all 10 state schools and more than 25 community-based pre-schools in the greater Plettenberg Bay region, particularly in under-resourced communities: The Crags, Wittedrift, New Horizons, Qolweni, Bossiesgif, Kwanokuthula, Harkerville and Kranshoek.
Why should YOU get involved?
Prof. Jonathan Jansen gives seven compelling reasons:
- If we do nothing, we face even greater social instability in the light of stubborn unemployment and crises in the poorest schools.
- If we do nothing we become part of the narrative of hopelessness.
- If we do nothing we brake the chain of a long history of activists over the centuries who stood up to poverty and illiteracy, to violent government and dangerous gangs.
- Without our action, millions of marginalised people could be doomed. It has been proven over and over that ordinary people can change circumstances for themselves and others.
- If we do nothing we fail to demonstrate to the next generation how to live full lives.
- We must serve to compensate for the injustices of our shared past.
- We serve because it is in the logic of our upbringing to ‘plough back’ once we have been able to move ahead.
Become a Friend of The Bitou 10 Foundation
Please consider becoming a Friend of the Bitou 10 Foundation. Your tax deductible donation could be an annual or monthly amount paid via Stop Order. Any amount can make a difference.
- R100 – R200 per month can pay for a child’s dance, music and drama or art classes for a year.
- R250 per month will cover the costs of occupational or remedial therapy for a child with developmental delays, special educational needs or challenges with reading, English or Mathematics.
- R300-R400 per month will cover the cost of a professional development workshop for teachers.
- R500 – R1000 per month can provide literacy and numeracy teaching and learning material to under-resourced schools or books for school libraries.
- R4000 per month will enable us to employ a part-time librarian for a Bitou school or a IT technician to service school computer laboratories.
Friends of The Bitou 10 Foundation will be given opportunities to engage with Bitou learners and educators at functions, events, workshops, rehearsals and shows.
Friends will receive regular feedback in the form of e-mail newsletters on what we have achieved, the impact of our interventions and the lessons learned.
Your contribution to education in Bitou will be acknowledged on our web site and social media platforms, in our newsletters and the local media, unless you choose to remain anonymous.
Donations to The Bitou 10 Foundation are tax deductible and all donors will be provided with a Section 21 18A Tax Receipt.
Equal access to quality education will have a lasting positive impact on not only the direct beneficiaries but the entire Bitou community.
We would be most grateful if you would consider investing in The Bitou 10 Foundation to help us to continue to empower, enrich and develop disadvantaged children in all the Bitou communities.Education is simply the soul of a society as it passes from one generation to another.G. K. Chesterson