Marietta Van Rooyen
- B.A Psychology III, Mathematics II, Logic II – Unisa
- B.Ed. (Distinction in Tertiary Didactics) - RAU
- ETDP SETA Registered Assessor for all Training and Education unit standards.
Board and Committee Positions
- Former member of the Board of the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
- Former member of the Board of the SA Board for Personnel Practices (SABPP)
- Founder member of the Association of Private Providers of ETD (APPETD)
- Past Chairman of the Board of Directors and owner of Assessment College (Pty) Ltd.
- Former Director and co-owner of Troupant Publishers, specialising in vocational education books.
2013: Administrator: Loveday College
- Appointed in 2013 by the Minister of Higher Education and Training for one year as the Administrator for Lovedale PFET College since October 2012.
1998 to 2012: New Venture Creator
- Mariétta started up three new ventures. The first of these was a training company specialising in the training of trainers called Assessment College of SA. Then she started a New Venture Creation training called Business Start-up Training. The third venture was a skills training company for Real Estate Agents called iSeleSele Property Academy.
- Marietta started her career as a Nuclear Physics Technician at the Atomic Energy Board.
- She studied part-time to become a Mathematics teacher and taught at various technical colleges until 1990. Marietta was a Senior Educational Adviser at Eskom from 1990 to 1994.
- She worked at the Department of Labour at Ndlela where she started setting up the Assessment and Moderation system systems for apprentices.
Past member of the South African Board for Personnel Practices:
- Training and Development Specialist (Membership no. P4650). Board member of this body from 2004 to 2012.
- SAQA Board Member
- Mariétta was a South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) Board member appointed by the Minister of Education from 2005 to 2012. She was the chairperson of the ETQA Subcommittee of SAQA. She also chaired the Appeals Committee of SAQA.
- 1994 – Member of the Minister’s Working Committee Two of the National Training Strategy Initiative
- 1997 – Member of the Minister of Education’s Technical Committee on Curriculum 2005
- Founder and past Board Member of the ETDP SETA Authority.